Thứ Bảy, 21 tháng 2, 2009

Tsonga upsets Djokovic in semis

Home favourite Jo-Wilfried Tsonga overpowered top seed Novak Djokovic 6-4 7-6 (7-1) to book his place in the Marseille Open final.

Tsonga converted his only break point in the seventh game on the way to winning the opening set.

The second set went with serve but Tsonga easily won the tie-break with a series of devastating forehands.

"I told myself I had to go for it," said the fourth seed Tsonga after winning in 85 minutes.

606: DEBATE
add user name or initials here
"I have played an extraordinary match. I have been heroic on every important point. I am proud of having played such a match."

World number 12 Tsonga, who has now won his last four matches against the Serbian, will face Michael Llodra in an all-French final.

Llodra beat second seed Gilles Simon 7-6 (7-5) 6-2 in the second semi-final.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét